What is Micro-Needling?
Micro-needling treatment is the ideal solution for several common skin conditions on all skin types and all areas of the face and body.
It is a result driven treatment, proven to:
- Treat, improve and diminish skin tightening, induce natural collagen, lift and rejuvenate skin
- Improve wrinkles and fine lines
- Improve acne scars, other scarring and stretch marks
- Minimise large pores
- Improve hyper-pigmentation, hypo-pigmentation and vitiligo
- Treat, improve and diminish rosacea and telangiectasia (spider vein)
- Aid treatment of alopecia (when used in conjunction with a topical treatment)
- Aid penetration of active ingredients
Generally for optimum results, we recommend on average a course of 3-6 sessions, once every 6 weeks.
This depends on what is being treated, and your personal recommendation will be made during your initial consultation.
One of the Dermapen benefits is the increased comfort compared to older methods of micro needling, and so you should feel only minimal discomfort. During the treatment you will feel a light vibration sensation on the skin, with very light pressure applied. Despite treatment being relatively pain free, local anaesthetic cream can be used on request prior to the treatment to maximise comfort. Consultation and patch tests prior to your treatment will be carried out.
- Up to 24h: Possible erythema (redness of the skin), the extent of which will vary between individuals
- Day 2: A red or pink hue may persist, like a moderate sunburn. Slight swelling may be noticeable on waking – this usually subsides as the day goes on
- Day 3: Skin may still be slightly pink. The slight swelling has usually subsided
- On subsequent days the skin may feel tight and dry
- Your normal skincare programme can be resumed after day 3, with more active products being introduced after day 5 or when the skin has returned to normal
- Appropriate skincare will be recommended on the day of your treatment to help accelerate the healing process, protect the skin from the environment and enhance your desired results
- Patients may resume work or normal activities immediately post treatment
If you are unhappy with your skin, be it from old acne scars, age or sun spots, or the general fading of youth from your face, then Dermapen microneedling is the ideal rejuvenation treatment to stimulate collagen production and to help remodel the damaged areas on your skin.
Always bear in mind that long term results and skin health are best achieved by a course of micro-needling treatments, regular advanced clinical facials and accompanied by a preventative, corrective and protective skincare programme.